Reflect Before Your ReactJan 19, 2022
On this episode we dive into:
- Communication is challenging and can have so many ebbs and flows
- Finding space when everyone is home all the time
- Expressing yourself in your relationship even in front of kids
- Learning how to communicate as an adult when you didn’t learn how to as a kid
- Language to use when trying to communicate with someone
Dana and Michelle answer a listener question: For the past few months My husband and I have not been communicating as well as I would like. We seem to avoid the conversations that should be had. I don’t want to be that wife who bickers all the time but I know we need to communicate if we are going to improve our relationship. What do you find works for your relationship when the communication isn’t so great?
This question is hard to answer but the ladies give some solid insight!
The Take Home:
Effective and respectful communication in a relationship takes a lot of work! Reflection before reaction can completely change the outcome of a conversation. When we reflect, we learn to understand what our needs truly are, and that helps us communicate with others more effectively.
Quote of the Day:
“The entire universe is conspiring to give you everything that you want.”- Abraham Hicks
Ps. If you have something you’d like to ask us, send us a message and we’ll add it to our list!!
Get in touch with Michelle or Dana:
Dana Ruby Martin
The Muve Forward Podcast: @themuveforwardpodcast